This Weekend on the Vineyard – Festival Time
The sun’s coming out over Oak Bluffs! Head there on Sunday for some shopping at the Open Market.
Music, movies, flowers, and strawberries galore! This weekend’s all about festivals on the Vineyard, and we’ve picked out a few of our top picks.
Friday June 23rd
- Dress in your dingiest duds and take the kids down to the Vineyard Haven Public Library from 3:30 pm to 5:00 pm for the Tie-Dye Battle! You’ll be armed with white shirts and water pistols and leave wearing a work of art.
- The MV Film Society’s FILMUSIC Festival is happening all weekend, but the Friday lineup features some of our most anticipated flicks. Come at 4:00 pm to see “Deconstructing The Beatles: Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band.” Double back at 9:00 pm for “I Called Him Morgan,” an intriguing doc exploring the music and murder of jazz musician Lee Morgan.
- Attend a garden party with a good cause at The Field Gallery from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm. Auctions for unique garden items will benefit the Big Brothers Big Sisters of Cape Cod and the Islands.
Saturday June 24th
- Kick off your day at the Annual Strawberry Festival at Morning Glory Farm. From 11:00 am to 2:00 pm indulge in strawberry treats and fresh berries while the kids play games, go on a hayride, and even get in a royal meet and greet with the Strawberry Princess.
- Not berried-out yet? The 29th Annual Strawberry Festival runs from 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm at the First Congregational Church of West Tisbury. Shortcake, ice cream, and a litany of other treats will be available.
- Keep the feasting going with a Sunset Paddle and Paella Cookout at Lobsterville Beach From 5:00 to 9:00 pm, join Aloha Paddle for an water adventure followed by an authentic Spanish meal on the beach.
Sunday June 25th
- Pick up breakfast at the Oak Bluffs Open Market, running from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm. Peruse food, art, vintage wares, or even get a massage at Washington Park.
- Take an afternoon stroll through the Old Mill during the Blooming Art show from 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm. Art and floral arrangements will be on display at the Martha’s Vineyard Garden Club’s annual fundraiser, which will run Thursday through Saturday as well.
- Head to the Martha’s Vineyard Hebrew Center at 5:30 pm for a dose of culture at their event, Celebrating Ethiopia’s Awra Amba, to raise money for a water delivery system. Taste Ethiopian cuisine and enjoy a performance from jazz singer Munit Mesfin.