Situated between historic Beaufort and the world-famous resort of Hilton Head Island, and lying amid the Chechessee, Colleton, and Okatie Rivers which empty into Port Royal Sound, the island allows residents easy access to the Intracoastal Waterway and the Atlantic Ocean.
A 27-hole Tom Fazio course is the centerpiece of the community. Additional amenities include a 26,000 square-foot clubhouse with casual and formal dining, a fitness and aerobics center, six Har-Tru tennis courts, two large swimming pools, boating, a community park and private dock with a preserved tabby and fire-brick foundation of a rare 18th-century sugar mill.
Natural and Navigable: Residents enjoy the outdoors all year, and launch boats from community docks. Callawassie Island Club is the first community in South Carolina to earn the National Wildlife Federation's Certified Community Wildlife Habitat Award and the 15th certified community in the nation.
Real Estate: Callawassie Island Club, SC
- Single-family homesites range from less than 1/2 acre to over 1 acre
- Wooded, lagoon, golf, marsh/river, or deep water views
- No time limit for building
- Owners may choose their builders and architects
- Priced from $15,000 to $450,000
- Resale homes priced from $300,000 to over $1 million
- Resale Heron Walk Villas may be available
- Approximately 1,620 heated square feet Golf, lagoon, and/or wooded views
- Priced from $180,000
- Click here for more information about the Callawassie Island Club