Music, movies, flowers, and strawberries galore! This weekend’s all about festivals on the Vineyard, and we’ve picked out a few of our top picks.
Friday June 23rd
- Dress in your dingiest duds and take the kids down to the Vineyard Haven Public Library from 3:30 pm to 5:00 pm for the Tie-Dye Battle! You’ll be armed with white shirts and water pistols and leave wearing a work of art.
- The MV Film Society’s FILMUSIC Festival is happening all weekend, but the Friday lineup features some of our most anticipated flicks. Come at 4:00 pm to see “Deconstructing The Beatles: Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band.” Double back at 9:00 pm for “I Called Him Morgan,” an intriguing doc exploring the music and murder of jazz musician Lee Morgan.
- Attend a garden party with a good cause at The Field Gallery from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm. Auctions for unique garden items will benefit the Big Brothers Big Sisters of Cape Cod and the Islands.
Saturday June 24th
- Kick off your day at the Annual Strawberry Festival at Morning Glory Farm. From 11:00 am to 2:00 pm indulge in strawberry treats and fresh berries while the kids play games, go on a hayride, and even get in a royal meet and greet with the Strawberry Princess.
- Not berried-out yet? The 29th Annual Strawberry Festival runs from 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm at the First Congregational Church of West Tisbury. Shortcake, ice cream, and a litany of other treats will be available.
- Keep the feasting going with a Sunset Paddle and Paella Cookout at Lobsterville Beach From 5:00 to 9:00 pm, join Aloha Paddle for an water adventure followed by an authentic Spanish meal on the beach.
Sunday June 25th
- Pick up breakfast at the Oak Bluffs Open Market, running from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm. Peruse food, art, vintage wares, or even get a massage at Washington Park.
- Take an afternoon stroll through the Old Mill during the Blooming Art show from 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm. Art and floral arrangements will be on display at the Martha’s Vineyard Garden Club’s annual fundraiser, which will run Thursday through Saturday as well.
- Head to the Martha’s Vineyard Hebrew Center at 5:30 pm for a dose of culture at their event, Celebrating Ethiopia’s Awra Amba, to raise money for a water delivery system. Taste Ethiopian cuisine and enjoy a performance from jazz singer Munit Mesfin.