Memorial Day Weekend is approaching, people are vaccinated, and Martha’s Vineyard is open for business.
The Massachusetts mask mandate will be rescinded, starting this Saturday, May 29.
Many restaurants are beginning to open this weekend, including the grand opening for Tigerhawk Sandwich Co. in Oak Bluffs, which happens today, May 27.
There will be plenty to do as well. The Menemsha Gallery, Garde East in Vineyard Haven, and The Covington in Edgartown will all reopen in time for MDW.
For kids and the young at heart, go reach for the brass ring at the Flying Horses, which will once again start spinning this weekend in Oak Bluffs.
See below for some selected events and activities.
And to check out the list of what’s open and what’s closed, go here: https://rb.gy/cvw3f5
Memorial Day Weekend Selected Events
Friday, May 28
- Flying Horses carousel will reopen May 28 https://rb.gy/q5hkrp
- Alpaca Walk and Talk at 11 am & 2 pm https://rb.gy/lzrp84
- Open Pottery Studio at Featherstone Center for the Arts at noon https://rb.gy/vpqlwf
- Cruella is being shown at Edgartown Cinemas at 1 pm, 4 pm & 7 pm https://rb.gy/7dcxa0
- Drive-In Movie: Back to the Future at Martha’s Vineyard Drive-In in OB at 8 pm https://rb.gy/0nrx9w
Saturday, May 29
- Huge Tomato Plant & Veggie Starts Sale at Grey Barn from 8 am -noon https://rb.gy/qufksu
- Outdoor yoga for all levels at the Martha’s Vineyard Museum at 9:30 am https://rb.gy/kl2nbg
- Grab some delicious ice cream from the Chappaquiddick Community center from 10 am – 1 pm https://rb.gy/eoqxm3
- Vineyard Artisans Memorial Day Festival from 10 am – 4 pm at Grange Hall in West Tisbury https://rb.gy/7kahfw
- Cooking with Caroline virtual class on Facebook live at 5 pm https://rb.gy/ardyg1
Sunday, May 30
- Oak Bluffs Open Market from 10 am – 2 pm at Washington Park in Oak Bluffs https://rb.gy/mxjvve
- A Quiet Place Part 2 is being shown at Edgartown Cinemas at 1:15, 4:15, and 7:15 https://rb.gy/gizbig
- The iconic movie Jaws is being shown at Edgartown Cinemas at 7 pm https://rb.gy/qqh23l
- Holy Rock + Roll Revival – McMahon brother provide music and comedic entertainment at The Ritz Café at 7:30 pm https://rb.gy/vwpi7c
- Live Music: Dock Dance Band at The Port Hunter at 10:30 pm https://rb.gy/nhl8ss