People enjoy the food and shopping at the Tisbury street fair.
Friday - July 7th
1. Learn about the history, plants and people that make Poly Hill Arboretum such a magical place. Take a guided tour at 10am to explore this special place that recognizes and showcases some of the most beautiful plants you'll find on the Island.
2. Join Sail MV post race as they host the Vineyard Cup on the lawn at the MV Museum in Vineyard Haven at 4pm. Food and drink provided with music featuring The Phil DaRosa Project with special guest Sophie Hiller.
3. Let your hair down and stop into The Port Hunter on Main Street in Edgartown for live music and dancing. Enjoy some libations while you dance the night away with Roosevelt Dime.
Saturday - July 8th
1. Gaze at the flowers and trees in the open air studio during Yoga at the Yard. The class begins at 8am.
2. The West Tisbury Public Library is hosting an art reception for Nancy Purnell whose paintings will be on display from 3-5pm. This exhibit features 15 oil paintings of Martha's Vineyard landscapes.
3. The Tisbury Street Fair is here folks - grab the family and stroll down Main Street in Vineyard Haven between 6:30-9:30pm. Enjoy an array of delicious food including the famous strawberry shortcake provided by the Fire Dept. or the coveted Grace Church lobster roll.
Sunday - July 9th
1. The Vineyard Artisans Summer Festival is an annual tradition where the public can meet more than 70 artists each week. It is the Island's only juried art show. Come by Grange Hall in West Tisbury at 10am to view many demonstrations and buy work directly form the artists.
2. Offshore Ale Company hosts a tour of it's brewery and restaurant at 2pm.
3. Pay tribute to the Island's Luke Gurney who passed away last year by attending the Fluke for Luke Fishing Tournament. The event will give participants, sponsors, and volunteers the opportunity to support the Gurney family and celebrate Luke's life. Fishing runs from Saturday to Sunday with an Awards ceremony at 5pm on Sunday at the PA Club.